Catherine L. Combee
|Catherine L. Combee|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Tenth Circuit Court|
|Preceded by:||Ernest M. Jones, Jr.|
|Bachelors:||University of South Florida|
|Law School:||Stetson University College of Law|
|Grad. School:||University of South Florida|
|Candidate for:||Tenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Catherine L. Combee is a judge of the Tenth Circuit Court in Florida. She was elected in 2012 and took office on January 8, 2013, succeeding retired Judge Ernest M. Jones, Jr. Her current term expires in 2019.
Combee received her undergraduate degree (Medical Technology), master's degree (Microbiology) and Ph.D. (Medical Sciences) from the University of South Florida. She later earned an M.B.A from the same school. She received her J.D. from the Stetson University College of Law.
Combee began her career in the medical field before switching to law. She was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2001 and began her legal career as an Assistant State Attorney in the Tenth Judicial Circuit, Misdemeanor and Felony Division. She started the Combee Law Firm, P.A. in 2003 and worked there as a trial attorney on appellate, criminal, family, dependency and juvenile cases.
Awards and associations
- 2012-Present: Lake Region Law Academy Advisory Board
- 2008-Present: Volunteer, Victory Church (various programs)
- 2003-2013: Administrative Hearing Officer, Polk County Board of Commissioners
- 2003-2013 Attorney Ad Litem, 10th Judicial Circuit
- 1997-1998: Instructor, Marion Therapeutic Riding Association, Inc.
- 1997-1998: Secretary/Volunteer Coordinator and President, Lakeland Dressage Association
- 1997: Volunteer, Animal Services, Polk County Board of Commissioners
- 1995: Volunteer, Saddle Up Therapeutic Riding Program
- 1989-1990: Board Member, Safety Harbor Laboratory, Inc.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- The Ledger, "Districts Await Court's Review", April 2, 2012 Scroll to p.2
- Florida's 10th Judicial Circuit: Circuit Court Judges
- Florida's 10th Judicial Circuit: Catherine L. Combee
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Florida 2012 Unofficial Primary Election Results: Circuit Court Judge
- ↑ Politics in Polk, "Combee Defeats Kaylor for Open Seat on Circuit Bench", August 14, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Polk State College, "Polk State Grad Goes from Ph.D. to Judge’s Chambers", September 21, 2012
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Florida Bar, "Catherine L. Combee Voluntary Self-Disclosure Statement", June 11, 2012
- ↑ Florida Division of Elections: 2012 Candidate Listing