Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Washington State Supreme Court|
|Preceded by:||Richard Sanders|
|Past post:||Attorney, Wiggins & Masters|
|Past post 2:||Judge, Washington Court of Appeals, Division 2|
|Law School:||Duke Law School|
|Grad. School:||University of Hawaii|
Wiggins earned his undergraduate degree from Princeton University, a master's degree from the University of Hawaii, and his law degree from Duke Law School.
Wiggins was in private practice in Seattle for 18 years. He left private practice when he was appointed to the Washington Court of Appeals, Division 2. He served that court until 1995, when he failed to win election to the seat. In 1995 he started the Wiggins Law Offices (now Wiggins & Masters) on Bainbridge Island. In addition to his private law firm, Wiggins served as a judge pro tempore for the Jefferson County Superior Court.
Awards and associations
- Five years (one as chair) on the Court Rules and Procedures Committee of the Washington State Bar Association
- Three years (including one as chair) on the Court Congestion and Improvement Committee of the Washington State Bar Association
- Three years (including one as chair) on the Disciplinary Board of the Washington State Bar Association
- Past President of the Washington Chapter of the American Judicature Society
- Awarded the Professionalism Award by the Young Lawyers Division of the Washington State Bar Association
- See also: Washington judicial elections, 2010
Read Wiggins' Washington State Voters' Guide entry here.
Wiggins says that he has spent $6,000 of his own money on the campaign as of late February 2010. He has a fund-raising goal of $300,000 to $500,000. According to filings with the Public Disclosure Commission, Wiggins has raised $41,970 as of May 2010. By contrast, Sanders has raised $37,531 for his campaign.
|Charlie Wiggins||Position #6||50.3%|
|Richard Sanders||Position #6||49.7%|
- The Seattle Times, "Supreme Court candidates Sanders, Wiggins spar in Seattle debate," September 28, 2010
- Gavel Grab, "Reform Advocate Joins WA Supreme Court," December 30, 2010
- Seattle Post Intelligencer, "Charlie Wiggins runs for state Supreme Court," February 3, 2010
- Associated Press, "New Wash. Supreme Court justice takes seat Friday," January 6, 2011
- Wiggins & Masters, "Profile of Wiggins" (dead link)
- The Seattle Times "Bainbridge attorney to run against Justice Sanders," February 19, 2010
- The Spokesman-Review "Lawyer plans run for high court seat," February 21, 2010
- Washington Secretary of State, "Supreme Court General Election Results"
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 17, 2010 Primary, Judicial Results"
- The Daily World "High court challenger questions decisions of Justice Richard Sanders," May 2, 2010 (dead link)
|Former||Gerry Alexander • Richard Sanders • Tom Chambers • James Johnson • William H. Williams • William C. Goodloe • Bobbe Bridge •|