Christine M. Walczyk
|Christine M. Walczyk|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|North Carolina 10th Judicial District|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Michael Easley|
|Preceded by:||Donna Stroud|
|Past post:||Attorney, Grafstein & Walczyk, P.L.L.C.|
|Bachelors:||Boston College, 1992|
|Law School:||University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill, 1995|
|Candidate for:||10th Judicial District|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Christine M. Walczyk is a district court judge for the 10th Judicial District of North Carolina. She was appointed by then-Governor Mike Easley in January of 2007 to replace Donna Stroud. Walczyk took office the following month. She was re-elected in 2012 for a term that expires in 2016.
- 2007-present Judge, 10th Judicial District Court
- 1995-2007 Founding member, Grafstein & Walczyk, P.L.L.C.
Walczyk has also taught at Meredith College (2002-2003) and Wake Technical Community College (1999-2001).
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2012
Judicial candidate survey
The North Carolina Bar Association asked its members to rank incumbent judges with terms ending in 2012 on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being "excellent". Below are Walczyk's ratings in five categories and overall:
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Judge Christine Walczyk - campaign website
- Facebook: Judge Christine Walczyk
- North Carolina Court System profile
- ↑ HighBeam Research, "Gov. Easley Appoints Christine Walczyk to District Court Seat in Wake County", January 30, 2007
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Christine M. Walczyk Resumé
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, Lists of Judges and Term Expiration Dates
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections: Official 2012 General Election Results
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections: Candidate Filing List, 2012 Primary Scroll to p.51
- ↑ NC Bar Association: Judicial Performance Evaluation Survey, January 2012 Scroll to p.10
- ↑ North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys: 2012 endorsement announcement