Christopher P. Yates
|Christopher P. Yates|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|17th Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jennifer Granholm|
|Preceded by:||Dennis Kolenda|
|Past post:||Partner, Yates, LaGrand & Denenfield|
|Law School:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Candidate for:||17th Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Christopher P. Yates is a judge of the 17th Circuit Court in Kent County, Michigan. He was appointed to this position by Governor Granholm on April 10, 2008 to replace former Judge Dennis Kolenda. He was re-elected on November 4, 2008 to a partial term that ended on January 1, 2013. His current term expires on January 1, 2013.
Yates is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan and Federal Public Defender for the Western District. He was the Chief Federal Public Defender prior to becoming a private practice lawyer in 2004. He first served with the firm of Willey, Chamberlain & Yates and later became a partner in the firm of Yates, LaGrand & Denenfeld. He was appointed to the Circuit Court in 2008. He has also taught at the Michigan State University School of Law and Davenport University.
- Michigan.gov, "Governor Granholm Appoints Yates Judge of 17th Circuit Court," April 10, 2008
- Michigan 2008 Election Results: 17th Circuit Court
- Facebook': Circuit Judge Christopher P. Yates
- MLive.com, "Governor selects Christopher Yates as new Kent County Circuit Court judge," April 10, 2008
- Michigan Department of State, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 17th Circuit Court
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," July 31, 2012