Cindy S. Lederman
|Cindy S. Lederman|
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eleventh Circuit Court|
|Active:||1994 - 1/2019|
|Past position:||Miami-Dade County Court Judge|
|Past term:||1989 - 1994|
|Undergraduate:||University of Florida, 1976|
|Law School:||University of Miami College of Law, 1979|
|Candidate for:||Eleventh Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Lederman began her career in the summer of 1977 as a law clerk for the firm of Pepper, Clements, Hopkins and Weaver. Later that year, she became a clerk for Fox & Fischer, P.A. She then worked as an associate of Mitchell L. Perlstein, P.A. from 1979 to 1981 and as an associate of Brown, Huysman, Matthews & Singer from 1981 to 1982. After that, she became an assistant city attorney for North Miami Beach. In 1984, she was promoted to Deputy City Attorney. Her judicial career began in 1989, when she became judge of the Miami-Dade County Court (following a 1988 election). There she served as an Administrative Judge of the Domestic Violence Department from 1992 until she was elevated to the circuit court in 1994.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, "Judge Cindy S. Lederman"
- Lawdiary.com, "Biographies of State and County Court Judges in Florida," accessed May 7, 2014. Scroll to p.70
- Miami-Dade County, "Judicial Directory," accessed June 3, 2014
- Florida Department of Children & Families, "Judge Cindy S. Lederman Biography"
- Florida Division of Elections, "2012 Candidate Listing"