Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oregon 2nd Judicial District|
|Appointed by:||Gov. John Kitzhaber|
|Preceded by:||Eveleen Henry|
|Past post:||Public defender, Lane County|
|Undergraduate:||Boise State University|
|Law School:||University of Oregon School of Law|
|Candidate for:||Circuit Court, 2nd District|
|Election information 2014:|
Clara Rigmaiden is a judge on the Lane County Circuit Court of the 2nd Judicial District in Oregon. She was appointed to this position by Governor John Kitzhaber on September 4, 2013 to replace Eveleen Henry. She was re-elected in 2014 for a term that expires on January 3, 2021.
- See also: Oregon judicial elections, 2014
Rigmaiden began her legal career in 1999 as a civil attorney in private practice. She then joined the Southwestern Oregon Public Defender Services as a staff attorney. From 2001 until her appointment to the circuit court in 2013, she served as a public defender in Lane County.
- Lane County Circuit Court website, "Welcome to Oregon's 2nd Judicial District," accessed June 2, 2014
- Oregon.gov - Governor, "Governor Kitzhaber appoints Clara L. Rigmaiden to the Lane County Circuit Court," September 4, 2013
- Oregon Courts, "Trial court judges by county," accessed May 2, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidates for 2014 Primary Election," accessed April 14, 2014
- See: Judicial selection in Oregon
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Unofficial Election Results," May 20, 2014
- The Register Guard, "Public defender appointed as new Circuit Court judge," September 5, 2013