Connie Marie Kelley
|Connie Marie Kelley|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Attorney, private practice|
|Bachelors:||University of Michigan|
|Law School:||Wayne State University Law School|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Kelley began her career in 1981 working for the law firm of Milia & Curran, P.C. She then joined Brian M. Smith & Associates, P.C. in 1985, where she worked as an associate until 1991. She then worked as a partner of the the firm Mallon & McNealy, P.C. until 1996. That year, she joined the firm of Powers, Chapman, DeAgostino, Meyers & Milia, P.C., where she worked as an Associate Attorney and Of Counsel. She served there until her judicial election, except for a two year break from service. She became a partner of the firm in January of 2007 and was elected to the Circuit Court bench in November of 2008.
Kelley was one of seven candidates competing for two seats on the Michigan Supreme Court in the general election on Nov. 6, 2012. Kelley was defeated in the general election, receiving 21.61% of the vote.   Though the race is non-partisan, she was nominated by the Democratic Party at their convention. 
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2012
|“|| This race should be important to voters who want to restore fairness to the Michigan Supreme Court. The primary role of the Supreme Court is to provide justice to the citizens of the state. As the court of last resort, the Michigan Supreme Court must be fair and follow the law, thereby reassuring the public they are independent of any special interests when making decisions that effect things like child protection, fairness in the workplace, pensions and collective bargaining.
-Connie Marie Kelley
- Detroit Free Press. To read the endorsement, see: Detroit Free Press, "Detroit Free Press Endorsement: Zahra, Kelley, McCormack for Michigan Supreme Court," October 7, 2012.
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan 
- Michigan State AFL-CIO 
- Third Judicial Circuit website
- LSJ.com, Voter Guide: Connie Marie Kelley
- The Detroit News, "Michigan Dems pick three women to run for state Supreme Court," September 9, 2012
- ↑ Wayne City Clerk, "City of Wayne, Wayne County Unofficial General Election Results", November 4, 2008
- ↑ Judicial selection in Michigan
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 DetNews.com: Election 2008 Michigan Voter Guide: Connie Marie Kelley
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, Official 2012 General Election Results: Supreme Court
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 General Election Candidates
- ↑ The Detroit News, "State Democrats unveil '99 percent Spring' campaign for Nov. election," March 11, 2012
- ↑ Information submitted to Judgepedia by McCormack's campaign via email on 10/23/2012
- ↑ Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Press Release: "WLAM Endorses, Rates Judicial Candidates"
- ↑ 2012 Michigan State AFL-CIO endorsements