|Corinne Ann Beckwith|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|District of Columbia Court of Appeals|
|Title: || Judge|
|Appointed by: || Barack Obama|
|Active: || 2012-Present|
|Preceded by: || Inez Reid|
|Past post: || Appellate Attorney for the Public Defender Service|
|Past term: || 1999-2012|
|Undergraduate: || Kalamazoo College, B.A., 1985|
|Law School: || University of Michigan Law School, 1992|
|Grad. School: || University of Illinois, M.S., 1987|
Corinne Ann Beckwith is a judge on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. She was nominated to the court by President Barack Obama and sworn in on February 3, 2012.
Beckwith received her B.A. from Kalamazoo College in 1985, her M.S. from University of Illinois in 1987, and her her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School in 1992, where she was Editor in Chief of the Michigan Law Review.
Beckwith has also worked as Law Clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens and Richard Cudahy on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Additionally, Beckwith has been a Michigan public defender and assistant press secretary to Senator Carl Levin. Finally, Beckwith has been an Instructor of Law at Wayne State University Law School.
Federal judgeship nomination
| ||Candidate:||Corrine Ann Beckwith|
| ||Court:||District of Columbia Court of Appeals|
| ||Progress:||Confirmed 232 days after nomination.|
| ||Vote: |
Beckwith was nominated to the District of Columbia Court of Appeals by President Obama on March 31, 2011. Beckwith is nominated to the seat vacated by Inez Reid.
- ↑ Blog of Legal Times "D.C. Appeals Court Judge Corinne Beckwith Sworn In," February 6, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 White House Press Release "President Obama Nominates Corinne Ann Beckwith to be an appellate judge for the District of Columbia Court of Appeals," March 31, 2011
- ↑ Court Website Bio, "Corrine Ann Beckwith"
- ↑ Grand Rapids Press, "Grand Rapids native Corinne Beckwith nominated to federal court by President Obama," April 1, 2011
- ↑ Blog of Legal Times, "Obama Nominates D.C. Court of Appeals Judge," April 1, 2011
- ↑ White House Press Release, "Nominations Sent to the Senate," March 31, 2011