Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Montana|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||12/5/2011 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Donald Molloy|
|Home State:||New York, NY|
|Bachelors:||Stanford U., B.A., 1973|
|Law School:||U. of Montana Law, J.D., 1976|
Early life and education
Christensen received a bachelors from Stanford University in 1973 and a J.D. from the University of Montana School of Law in 1976.
District of Montana
On May 4, 2011 Obama nominated Dana Christensen to the United States District Court for the District of Montana to a seat vacated by Donald Molloy. Obama told the press, "These individuals have demonstrated the talent, expertise, and fair-mindedness Americans expect and deserve from their judicial system. I am grateful for their willingness to serve and confident that they will apply the law with the utmost impartiality and integrity."
He was rated Unanimously Well Qualified by the ABA. He had a hearing before the Senate Judiciary committee on September 7, 2011 and you can find his Committee Questionnaire Available Here and his Questions for the Record Available Here.
- United States District Court for the District of Montana
- News: Christensen becomes 17th federal judge in Montana's history, January 24, 2012
- ↑ Judge Dana Christensen FJC Bio
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "President Obama Nominates Six Judges to United States District Courts" 5/4/2011
- ↑ "Nominations sent to senate" 5/4/2011
- ↑ 112th Congress Nomination Materials
- ↑ 112th Congress Confirmations
- ↑ Great Falls Tribune, "Senate confirms Kalispell attorney for federal judgeship," Dec. 5, 2011
|Federal judicial offices|
|District of Montana
• Dana Christensen
|Magistrate judges||Keith Strong • Carolyn Ostby • Jerry Lynch •|
|Former Article III judges||
William Henry Hunt • Paul Hatfield • Hiram Knowles • George Bourquin • Carl Rasch • Richard Cebull • Charles Nelson Pray • James Harris Baldwin • James Battin • William Jameson • William Murray • Russell Smith • Robert Lewis Brown •
|Former Chief judges|