Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Iowa Supreme Court|
|Title: || Justice|
|Appointed by: || Gov. Tom Vilaack|
|Active: || 2006-2016|
|Preceded by: || Louis Lavorato|
|Past post: || Iowa Court of Appeals|
|Past term: || 1999-2006|
|Past position: || Judge|
|Bachelors: || Morningside College, 1974|
|Law School: || University of South Dakota, 1977|
Daryl Hecht was appointed to the Iowa Supreme Court in 2006 by Governor Tom Vilsack. His current term expires December 31, 2016.
Hecht received his B.A. from Morningside College in 1974 and his J.D. in 1977 from the University of South Dakota. He also has an L.L.M. from the University of Virginia Law School.
Hecht worked in private law practice before his appointment to the Iowa Court of Appeals in 1999. He was appointed to the Iowa Supreme Court in 2006.
Awards and Associations
- Past president, Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
- Former member, Board of Directors, Boys and Girls Home and Family Services
- Former member, Morningside College Alumni Association
- Former member, Woodbury County Judicial Magistate Nominating Commission
- Former member, Woodbury County Compensation Commission
- Former chair, Supreme Court Task Force for Civil Justice Reform