David A. Demers
|David A. Demers|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Sixth Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Lawton Chiles|
|Active:||1994 - 1/7/2013|
|Chief:||7/1/2001 - 6/30/2007|
|Past post:||Pinellas County Court Judge|
|Past term:||1981 - 1994|
|Born:||October 30, 1946|
|Law School:||Stetson University College of Law, 1972|
Demers was born in Nashua, New Hampshire on October 30, 1946. He received his B.A. degree from Stetson University. After a brief stint at Florida State University he received his law degree from the Stetson University College of Law in 1972.
He later taught at the Florida Judicial College, the National Judicial College, St. Petersburg College, and as an adjunct professor at the Stetson College of Law. He was also an associate dean of the Florida Judicial College from 1987 to 2007.
Demers began his career in 1973 as a private practice lawyer in Gainesville, FL. He moved to St. Petersburg in 1975 and continued to work as a lawyer until 1981, when he joined the Pinellas County Court. He was then elected to the circuit court in 1994.
- Lawdiary, "Biographies of State and County Court Judges in Florida," accessed May 24, 2014 Scroll to p.45-46
- Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections: Judge of the Circuit Court Group 31
- Judicial selection in Florida
- St. Petersburg Times, "New chief judge starts at key time for circuit," July 1, 2001
- North Country Gazette, "Demers Out As Chief Judge of Pinellas Court System," June 17, 2007