David A. Hylla
|David A. Hylla|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois Third Judicial Circuit Court|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Southern Illinois University|
|Law School:||St. Louis University School of Law, 1985|
|Candidate for:||Third Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||65.3%|
David A. Hylla is the chief judge of the Third Circuit of Illinois. He serves in Granite City. He was elected to the court on Nov. 7, 2006 and sworn into office the following Dec. 4, 2006. He was retained in 2012 for a term that expires in 2018. He was selected to serve as chief judge of the court in May of 2013, following the resignation of Ann Callis.
Hylla began his career with the law firm of Hopkins and Bilbrey. In 1988, he joined Pratt & Callis, P.C., where he worked as an associate, then partner, until 2000. That year, he rejoined Mike Bilbrey at the firm of Bilbrey & Hylla, P.C. He is also a former attorney for Service Employees International Union Local 98. In 2006, he was elected to the circuit court.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2012
- Illinois Courts: Judges of the Third Judicial Circuit
- The Madison/St. Clair Record, "Hylla, Crowder sworn in as circuit judges ," December 4, 2006
- BND.com, "Chief Judge Callis resigns; Gill declines to run in 13th District again," May 3, 2013
- Martindale, "Judge Profile:David A. Hylla"
- Personal Injury Lawyers, "Bilbrey & Hylla, P.C. - About David A. Hylla"
- Illinois Board of Elections: November 6, 2012 Official Vote Scroll to p.165
- Madison County Board of Elections: Sample Ballot 2012