David Evans (Court of Appeals)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals|
|Past position:||Attorney, Law Office of David Evans|
|Bachelors:||University of Connecticut, 1977|
|Law School:||Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1984|
|Candidate for:||5th District Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||July 31, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Evans received his B.A. degree (Philosophy and Greek) from the University of Connecticut in 1977 and his J.D. degree from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1984. He also attended Dallas Theological Seminary for Hebrew and Greek studies from 1977 to 1981.
- 2013-2018: Judge, Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals
- 2010-2012: Attorney, Law Office of David Evans
- 2007-2010: Of Counsel, Law Office of Stephen Malouf, PC
- 1999-2006: Judge, Texas District 193
- 1995-1998: Judge, Dallas County Court at Law, No. 1
- 1987-1994: Attorney, David Evans attorney at law
- 1984-1987: Associate, Haynes and Boone
Evans ran for the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals and won 31.92% of the vote in the Republican primary. Since no candidate received more than 50%, he and Bill Whitehill competed in a runoff on July 31, 2012. Evans won in the runoff, receiving 51.38% of the vote.
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2012
- ↑ 48th District
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2012 General Election Results-Texas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 David Evans campaign website: Curriculum Vitae
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State, 2012 Republican Primary Election Results
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State, "Republican Primary Runoff Results," accessed August 1, 2012
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State: 2012 General Election Summary Select "2012 General Election"
- ↑ The Dallas Morning News, "Fifth Court of Appeals, Place 2"