Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Iowa Supreme Court|
|Title: || Justice|
|Appointed by: || Gov. Tom Vilsack|
|Active: || 2003-2020|
|Past post: || Iowa Court of Appeals|
|Past term: || 2006-2008|
|Past position: || Judge|
|Bachelors: || University of Illinois at Chicago, 1973|
|Law School: || Drake University Law School, 1976|
|Candidate for: ||Supreme Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date: ||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %: ||54.5% |
David Wiggins is a justice for the Iowa Supreme Court. He was appointed to the Supreme Court in 2003 and his current term expires 2020.
Wiggins received his B.A. from the University of Illinois, Chicago, in 1973 and his J.D. from Drake University Law School in 1976.
Prior to his appointment to the Iowa Supreme Court, Wiggins worked as an associate in the firm Williams, Hart, Lavorto & Kirtley, then became partner in 1979.
Awards and associations
- Former member, Board of Governors, Iowa State Bar Association
- Past president, Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
- Former senior counsel, American College of Barristers
- Master emeritus of the C. Edwin Moore American Inn of Court
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- 1999, Meritorious Achievement Award, Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
Wiggins was retained in the general election on November 6, 2012, receiving 54.5% of the vote (100% of precincts reporting).
- See also: Iowa judicial elections, 2012