Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Kentucky District Court 30|
|Title:||District court judge|
|Undergraduate:||Western Kentucky University, 1974|
|Law School:||University of Louisville School of Law, 1994|
|Candidate for:||Kentucky Circuit Court 30|
|Position:||8th Division Family Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Deana McDonald is a district court judge for the 30th District Court in Kentucky. She was elected on November 2, 2010 to a four-year term, commencing on January 3, 2011 and ending in 2015. McDonald is running for election to the 30th Judicial Circuit in 2014.
- See also: Kentucky judicial elections, 2014
| McDonald is running for election to the 30th Judicial Circuit.
Primary: She won the primary on May 20, 2014, receiving 66.9% of the vote. She competed against Mark Hyatt Gaston Sr. and Danny Kang.
General: She will face Mark Hyatt Gaston Sr. in the general election on November 4, 2014.
- See also: Kentucky judicial elections, 2010
Before her election to the court, McDonald served as an assistant counsel for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, as a prosecutor for the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office, and worked as a criminal defense attorney.
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "District Court Overview"
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Judicial Directory"
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Judicial Circuits Map"
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Kentucky 2010 Unofficial General Election Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Kentucky Constitution, Judicial Department, Section 119
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Election: 2014 Primary Election: Family Court Judge," accessed February 17, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Unofficial 2014 Primary Results," accessed May 21, 2014
- Citizens For Better Judges.org, "Jefferson District Court, Hon. Deana "Dee" McDonald," accessed June 24, 2014