Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Kentucky Circuit Court 30|
|Past position:||Judge, 30th District Court|
|Undergraduate:||Western Kentucky University, 1974|
|Law School:||University of Louisville School of Law, 1994|
|Candidate for:||Kentucky Circuit Court 30|
|Position:||8th Division Family Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Deana McDonald is a judge of the Jefferson County Family Court in the 30th Judicial District of Kentucky. She was elected in 2014, winning an eight-year term that commences on January 5, 2015, and expires on January 1, 2023.
- See also: Kentucky judicial elections, 2014
| McDonald ran for election to the 30th Judicial Circuit.
Primary: She was successful in the primary on May 20, 2014, receiving 66.9% of the vote. She competed against Mark Hyatt Gaston Sr. and Danny Kang.
General: She faced Mark Hyatt Gaston Sr. in the general election on November 4, 2014.
- See also: Kentucky judicial elections, 2010
Before her election to the family court in 2014, McDonald served since 2010 as a district court judge on the 30th District Court. Prior to that, she was assistant counsel for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, a prosecutor for the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office and a criminal defense attorney.
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "District Court Overview"
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Judicial Directory"
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Judicial Circuits Map"
- Judicial selection in Kentucky
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Election: 2014 Primary Election: Family Court Judge," accessed February 17, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Unofficial 2014 Primary Results," accessed May 21, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "2010 Primary Election Results," July 14, 2010
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Results," October 27, 2011
- Citizens For Better Judges.org, "Jefferson District Court, Hon. Deana "Dee" McDonald," accessed June 24, 2014