Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Brad Henry|
|Past post:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Oklahoma|
|Law School:||Oklahoma City University School of Law|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
Deborah Browers Barnes is a judge on the Court of Civil Appeals, the intermediate appellate court in the state of Oklahoma. She was appointed by former Governor Brad Henry and sworn-in to this position on July 9, 2008. She was retained in the 2010 election by a majority of voters. Barnes was retained again in 2014 for a term that expires on January 10, 2021.
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2014
|Barnes was retained to the Court of Civil Appeals with 62.0% of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2010
Barnes received her bachelor's degree from the University of Oklahoma and her law degree, in 1983, from the Oklahoma City University School of Law where she graduated first in her class.
From 1985 to 1989, Judge Barnes was a staff attorney for former state Supreme Court Justice Ralph Hodges and has since worked in civil litigation, administrative law, and commercial and business law.
From 1997 to 2001, Judge Barnes was vice president, associate general counsel and corporate secretary for Oneok Inc. in Tulsa. The next year she began working in private practice at Crutchmer, Browers & Barnes.
- Tulsa World, "Tulsa lawyer takes oath to join civil appeals court," 2008
- Oklahoma Elections, "Candidate List, 2014 General Election," accessed October 17, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results: Federal, State Legislative and Judicial Races General Election - November 4, 2014," November 12, 2014
- Oklahoma Board of Elections, "Unofficial General Election Results," 2010
- Spotlight OK, "Oklahoma Retention Ballot 2010"
|Former||Tom Colbert • John Reif • Charles Chapel • Glenn Adams • Carol Hansen • Doug Gabbard •|