Douglas E. Hoffman (New York)
|Douglas E. Hoffman, Jr.|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New York County Family Court, New York|
|Title:||Supervising judge; Acting supreme court justice|
|Past position:||Judge, Criminal Court of the City of New York|
|Past position 2:||Judge, Civil Court of the City of New York|
|Past term 2:||1996-2006|
|Undergraduate:||Oberlin College, 1976|
|Law School:||New York University, 1981|
Douglas E. Hoffman is the supervising judge for the New York County Family Court in New York City, New York. He has served in this position since 2009. Hoffman is also currently an acting justice for the Bronx County Supreme Court. He has served in this office since 2003.
- 2009-Present: Supervising judge, New York County Family Court, New York County
- 2003-Present: Acting justice, Supreme Court, Bronx County
- 2003-2012: Judge, Criminal Court of the City of New York, New York County
- 1996-2006: Judge, Civil Court of the City of New York, New York County
- 1994-1996: Director of litigation, The Legal Aid Society, Civil Division, Bronx
- 1991-1994: Director, The Legal Aid Society, Civil Division, N.Y.
- 1989-1990: Attorney in charge, The Legal Aid Society, Civil Division, Brooklyn
- 1983-1989: Staff attorney, The Legal Aid Society, Civil Division, Harlem Neighborhood Office
- 1981-1983: Law clerk, Honorable Anne Thompson, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey