Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Rick Perry|
|Past post:||Attorney, private practice|
|Past term:||Before joining court|
|Home State:||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Law School:||University of Missouri-Columbia|
|Candidate for:||Fifth District Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||May 29, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Douglas S. Lang is a judge on the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals. Governor Perry appointed him to this position in 2002. He was re-elected on November 6, 2012 for a term that expires on December 31, 2018.
Justice Lang earned a bachelor's degree from Drake University in 1969 and a law degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1972.
After law school, Justice Lang worked as a briefing attorney for Judge Fred L. Henley of the Missouri Supreme Court. Prior to joining the bench upon a 2002 appointment by Gov. Rick Perry, Justice Lang worked in private practice for nearly 30 years with two firms: Webber, Baker, Allums and, for 24 years, Garderre Wynne Sewell LLP.
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2012
- Former member of the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation
- Former president of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Former chair of Legal Services of NorthWest Texas
- Former president of the National Conference of Bar Presidents
- Former Chair of the Texas Center for Legal Ethics and Professionalism
- Current member of the Board of Trustees of the American Inns of Court Foundation.