Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Title:||Former judicial candidate|
|Undergraduate:||University of Colorado at Boulder, 1985|
|Law School:||Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1989|
|Candidate for:||Cleveland Municipal Court|
|Position:||Unexpired term ending 1/4/2018|
|Election information 2013:|
Edele Passalacqua was a 2013 judicial candidate for the Cleveland Municipal Court in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, but she withdrew from the race on October 1, 2013. She previously ran for a seat on the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas in 2012, but was defeated.
- See also: Ohio judicial elections, 2013
Passalacqua lost her bid for a seat on the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas. She was defeated by incumbent, Judge Daniel Gaul, in the general election on November 6, receiving 30.19 percent of the vote.
Cleveland bar association ratings
According to the compiled results at Judge4Yourself.com, Passalacqua received a rating of 2.5 out of 4 by local Cleveland bar associations. Those break down as:
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association: Adequate
- Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association: Good
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association: Good
- Ohio Women's Bar Association: Adequate
- 1990-Present: Attorney, Passalacqua & Associates
- 1999-2001: Associate, Zukerman, Daiker & Lear
- 1987-1990: Law Clerk, Gibson, Harkins & Brelo
Awards and associations
- Cuyahoga County Defense Lawyers Association
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Ohio Near West Development Corp.
- Halcyon Charities, L.L.C.
- Carl Stokes Brigade
- National Nationalities Movement
- Italian/American Brotherhood
|“|| It is imperative that judges maintain the appearance of impartiality regarding all issues and all matters that are or may be before the court. We must also be willing to consider alternative interventions to incarceration and work toward initiating better re-entry programs to prevent recidivism.
- Edele Passalacqua
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections: 2013 Candidate List, November 5, 2013 General Election
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, Unofficial 2013 General Election Results
- Ohio Secretary of State, Official Election Results 11/6/2012: Court of Common Pleas Judge
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, Primary Election Candidates
- Judge4Yourself.com, 2012 November General Election Judicial Candidate Ratings
- Per information submitted to Judgepedia on biographical submission form on March 6, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.