Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jennifer Granholm|
|Preceded by:||George W. Crockett, III|
|Past post:||Interim Deputy Corp. Counsel, Wayne County|
|Undergraduate:||University of Michigan, 1981|
|Law School:||Wayne State University|
|Candidate for:||3rd Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Edward Ewell is a judge of the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County, Michigan. He was appointed to this position by Gov. Granholm on June 30, 2003 to replace retired Judge George W. Crockett, III. His current term expires on January 1, 2019. 
Early in his career, Ewell worked as a law clerk for Judge Damon Keith of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit Court. He also worked as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Detroit. There he served in the civil and criminal divisions before becoming Interim Deputy Corporation Counsel for Wayne County. He worked in that position until he was appointed to the Circuit Court in 2003.
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2012
Bar association ratings
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
The DMBA rated candidates running for judicial office in 2012. Candidates are given one of five ratings: Outstanding, Well Qualified, Qualified, Not Qualified or No Rating.
Ewell was rated as Well Qualified.
Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
The WLAM rated candidates running for judicial office with one of four ratings: Outstanding, Well Qualified, Qualified or No Rating.
Ewell was rated as Outstanding. 
Wolverine Bar Association
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Governor Granholm Appoints Edward Ewell, Jr. Judge of 3rd Judicial Circuit Court
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court
- ↑ Michigan Department of State, 2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing
- ↑ Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee
- ↑ Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Press Release: "WLAM Endorses, Rates Judicial Candidates"
- ↑ Wolverine Bar Association, 2012 WBA Judicial Qualifications Results