Eileen T. Gallagher
|Eileen T. Gallagher|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Ohio Eighth District Court of Appeals|
|Position:||Term commencing 1/3/2013|
|Past position:||Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas Judge|
|Undergraduate:||St. Vincent Charity Hospital School of Nursing|
|Law School:||Cleveland-Marshall School of Law|
|Candidate for:||Eighth District Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
Prior to becoming a judge, Gallagher worked in private practice, served as a staff attorney on the Court of Common Pleas, a magistrate for the Foreclosure Department of the court, and as assistant prosecutor in Cuyahoga County. Gallagher joined the Court of Common Pleas in 2005 and served in that position until joining the Eighth District Court of Appeals in 2013.
Gallagher was elected to the Ohio Eighth District Court of Appeals. She defeated Joseph Compoli in the Democratic primary election on March 6, winning 88.03% of the vote. Gallagher was elected to the court after running unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Ohio judicial elections, 2012
Cleveland bar association ratings
According to the compiled results at Judge4Yourself.com, Gallagher received a rating of 2.25 out of 4 by local Cleveland bar associations. Those break down as:
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association: Adequate
- Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association: Good
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association: Adequate
- Ohio Women's Bar Association: Adequate
Gallagher was endorsed by The Plain Dealer. Read the endorsement at The Plain Dealer, "Plain Dealer endorses Eileen T. Gallagher and Peter M. Sikora in Democratic primary for 8th Ohio District Court of Appeals," February 11, 2012
Gallagher was re-elected after running unopposed.
- Eileen T. Gallagher Biography
- Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Eileen T. Gallagher biographical information
- Ohio Secretary of State, Unofficial Court of Appeals Results
- Ohio Secretary of State, Live Election Results, March 6 Primary
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, Primary Candidates Scroll to page 15
- Judge4Yourself.com, 2012 Democratic Primary Ratings
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, November 2, 2010 General Election Candidates List