Elise Givhan Spainhour
|Elise Givhan Spainhour|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Kentucky Circuit Court 55|
|Title:||Family court judge|
|Past position:||Attorney, General practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of the South, 1974|
|Law School:||Vanderbilt University, 1977|
|Candidate for:||Kentucky Circuit Court 55|
|Election information 2014:|
Elise Givhan Spainhour is a family court judge for the county of Bullitt County Family Court of the 55th Judicial Circuit. It serves Bullitt County in Kentucky. Spainhour was elected to the court on in 2006 and was re-elected without opposition in 2014. Her current eight-year term expires on January 1, 2023.
- See also: Kentucky judicial elections, 2014
| Spainhour ran for re-election to the 55th Judicial Circuit.
General: She was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Awards and associations
- 2010: Judge of the Year, CASA
- 2008: New Judge of the Year, CASA
- 2008: Judge of the Year, Bullitt County CASA
- Member, Bullitt County Bar Association
- Member, Louisville Bar Association
- Member, Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Bullitt Family Court"
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Judicial Circuits Map"
- Kentucky Court of Justice, "Bullitt Family Court," accessed November 13, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Report of Official General Election Night Tally Results," November 6, 2007
- Judicial selection in Kentucky
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Election: 2014 Primary Election: Family Court Judge," accessed February 17, 2014
- Martindale, "Judge Profile: Elise Givhan Spainhour," accessed November 13, 2014
- KY Bar.org, "Addressing Pro Se Litigants in Domestic Actions and Beyond," June 11, 2009 (dead link)
- Bowling Green Daily News, "Bullitt county attorney indicted," October 27, 1989
- The Pioneer News, "Spainhours earn recognition for work with CASA," November 21, 2010