Elizabeth L. Perris
|Elizabeth L. Perris|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States bankruptcy court, District of Oregon|
Elizabeth L. Perris is the Chief Judge for the United States bankruptcy court, District of Oregon.
Elizabeth Perris has been Chief Judge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon from 1984 and U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Ninth Circuit from 1988–1993 and from 1998–2005.
Perris has been member of the California and Oregon State Bars since 1976, and the Judicial Conference Advisory Committee on Bankruptcy Rules since 2007. She worked from 1976 to 1984 as a bankruptcy court law clerk, a bankruptcy trustee, and an attorney in private practice specializing in bankruptcy. Judge Perris has held other positions as past board member, Federal Judicial Center (FJC); past chair, FJC Bankruptcy Judges’ Education Committee, Bankruptcy Section of the Federal Bar Association, OSB Continuing Legal Education Committee, and OSB Debtor-Creditor Section.
Work as an Author
- Contributing author on Bankruptcy (Including BAPCA): 21st Century Debtor-Creditor Law (second ed.)
- Contributing author on Chapter 17, “Bankruptcy Disputes”
- Contributing author on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Contributing author on The Litigator’s Handbook (2000)
- Co-editor of the OSB publication, Bankruptcy Law (2006)
Awards and achievements
- 1989: Oregon State Bar President’s Service Award for outstanding contributions to continuing legal education
- 1990: Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy
- 1994: Award of Merit, OSB Debtor-Creditor Section for extraordinary contributions to continuing legal education
- 2001: Excellence in Education Award, National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Endowment for Education
- 2007: Pro Bono Award, Multnomah Bar Association
- 2008: Wallace P. Carson Judicial Excellence Award, Oregon State Bar