|Current Court Information:|
|Milwaukee County Circuit Court, Wisconsin|
|Active:||2009 - 2015|
|Past position:||Pro bono assistant district attorney, Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office|
|Past position 2:||Attorney, Reinhart, Boerner & Van Deuren, S.C.|
|Bachelors:||Boston College, 1989|
|Law School:||UCLA School of Law, 1995|
Brostrom is a partner at Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren law firm based in Downtown Milwaukee. While working for Reinhart, Brostrom served a wide range of clients; including various types of business enterprises, actuarial consulting firms, pension, health and welfare plans, ERISA fiduciaries and ERISA plan participants. Brostrom's experience has been in the areas of financial litigation, actuarial malpractice and ERISA litigation, as well as other complex commercial matters. Ellen also has competence in compliance with legal and technical aspects of electronic discovery for evidence. Brostrom has had previous experience in securities litigation, employment law, civil rights and personal injury litigation.
While working as a private practice lawyer, Ellen's tasks included:
- Winning ERISA breach of fiduciary duty case on summary judgment in favor of defendants.
- Adjudicating successfully withdrawal liability from a multi-employer ERISA plan.
- Working with a team of attorneys on behalf of a large national consulting firm to successfully defeat multiple commercial fraud suits alleging a total of $100 million in damages.
- Working with a team of attorneys to negotiate a successful resolution of a claim of actuarial malpractice, avoiding costly litigation.
- Working with clients to understand their information systems and to assist with the identification, preservation and production of electronically stored information.
Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office
In 2006, on loan from her law firm, Brostrom served as a pro bono assistant district attorney with the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office. Brostrom was responsible for prosecuting misdemeanor cases.
Awards and associations
- American Bar Association
- Milwaukee County Bar Association and the Association for Women Lawyers.
- Member of the Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, and Texas Bar Associations.
- Serves on the Milwaukee Bar Association's judicial selection committee
- Board of Directors of the Milwaukee lawyers chapter of the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy.
- CEO call program of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce's economic development plan.
- Milwaukee County citizen representative on the Lakefront Development Advisory Commission
- Court Commissioner, Chief Judge Jeffrey Kremers of the Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
- Circuit Court Statistical Reports
- Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Judge Brostorm's Webpage at Reinhart Law
- Judge Brostrom's Webpage