Ellen Gay Conroy
|Ellen Gay Conroy|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of Ventura County, California|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger|
|Preceded by:||Charles W. Campbell|
|Succeeded by:||Ferdinand P. Inumerable|
|Past post:||Court commissioner, Ventura County Superior Court|
|Undergraduate:||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Law School:||Ventura College of Law|
Ellen Gay Conroy was a judge for the Superior Court of Ventura County in California. She was appointed by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on July 21, 2008 to succeed Charles W. Campbell. Conroy was re-elected in 2010 and retired in 2013.
- 2008-2013: Judge, Superior Court of Ventura County
- 2006-2008: Court commissioner, Ventura County Superior Court
- 2002-2003: Owner, Creative Dissolution Family Law Mediation
- 1997-2001: Family law facilitator, Superior Court of Ventura County
- 1984-1996: Attorney, Taylor, McCord
- 1982-1984: Sole practitioner
Conroy won the primary election with 65% of the vote. She was re-elected after running unopposed.
- Main article: California Superior Court judicial elections, 2010 (S-Y)
Conroy was rated as "Exceptionally Well Qualified" by the Ventura County Bar Association prior to the primary election.
- California Courts, Trial Courts Roster
- The Sacramento Bee, "Schwarzenegger appoints 30 judges," July 21, 2008
- Office of the Governor, "Governor Brown Appoints Ferdinand P. Inumerable to Ventura County Superior Court," January 28, 2014
- Ventura County Bar Association, "GAY CONROY IS NOT “RETIRING”, By HON. JACK SMILEY," September 26, 2013
- Ventura County, Gubernational Primary Election Results 2010
- VC Reporter, "Bar Association assessments defining factor in county judicial races," May 20, 2010