Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eleventh Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Lawton Chiles|
|Active:||1993 - 1/2013|
|Succeeded by:||Alan Fine|
|Past post:||Attorney, Private practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Florida in 1972|
|Law School:||Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad School of Law in 1979|
|Candidate for:||Eleventh Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court, Civil Division, in Florida. She was appointed by former Governor Lawton Chiles in September of 1993 and she retired in January of 2013.
Leesfield received her B.A. degree from the University of Florida in 1972. Prior to earning her law degree, she worked as a high school English eacher in Broward County from 1972 to 1975. She then received her J.D. degree from Nova Southeastern University's Shepard Broad School of Law in 1979.
Later in her career, she returned to teaching--as an adjunct professor at the University of Miami and an instructor for the Advanced College of Judicial Studies.
Leesfield was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1979 and became a private practice lawyer. She spent 12 years as a lawyer, specializing in federal criminal cases, prior to her appointment to the Circuit Court in 1993.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- The Florida Bar News, "Leesfield wins Kogan Award," June 1, 2002
- Dade County Bar Association: The Bulletin, "Judicial Profiles," February 2009 Scroll to pp.1 and 6
- The Florida Bar, "Daily News Summary," October 17, 2012
- 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Judge Ellen Leesfield
- Biographies of State and County Court Judges in Florida Scroll to p.71
- Florida Division of Elections: 2012 Candidate Listing