|Ernest G. Drake|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal|
|Position:||3rd Dist, Div. C|
|Preceded by:||Jefferson Hughes|
|Past position:||Judge, 21st Judicial District|
|Undergraduate:||Southeastern Louisiana University|
|Law School:||Tulane Law School, 1974|
|Candidate for:||1st Circuit Court of Appeal|
|Position:||District 3 Division C|
|Election information 2014:|
Ernest G. "Ernie" Drake, Jr. is a judge of the First Circuit Court of Appeal in Louisiana. He was elected in 2013 for a term that expired on December 31, 2014. He was re-elected in 2014 for a term beginning on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2024.
- See also: Louisiana judicial elections, 2014
| Drake ran for re-election to the First Circuit Court of Appeal.
As an unopposed candidate, he was automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
After graduation, Drake practiced law with Allen B. Pearson, Jr. for six years until he formed his own firm with his sister and others. He continued this practice for 24 years until his election to the 21st Judicial District.
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Elected Officials," accessed December 19, 2014 (Scroll down to "Judge, Court of Appeal…")
- Judgepedia.org, “Judicial selection in Louisiana,” accessed December 8, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "November 4, 2014 General Election Candidates," accessed August 25, 2014
- Tangilena.com, "ELECTION: Judge Drake announces for Court of Appeal to replace Judge Hughes," December 9, 2012
- Amite-Tangi Digest, "Election canceled: Judge Ernie Drake to be sworn in on appeals court after Jerry Denton quits race," February 28, 2013