Finalists named for Eighth Judicial District
UPDATE: Replacement named for empty seat
UPDATE: Attorney Carolyn Ellsworth has been named by Governor Brian Sandoval to fill Judge Jackie Glass's seat on the Eighth Judicial District Court. Ellsworth is currently employed as securities division administrator in the Secretary of State’s Office. In addition, she has had experience working both with the Clark County District Attorney’s office and as vice president of Mirage Resorts Risk Management. Of his choice, the governor said this, "With three decades of law experience, Carolyn’s understanding of Nevada law will be extremely valuable."
- - He is currently employed by the Las Vegas law firm of Kolesar & Leatham 
- - Education
- University of Miami - B.S. Biology cum laude 1974
- University of Arizona - J.D. with distinction (11th percentile) 1978
- - Career
- Chief Deputy City Attorney, Criminal, City of North Las Vegas, Nevada; 2004 to 2010
- Senior Litigation Partner, Kolesar & Leatham; 2003 to 2004
- Assistant District Attorney, Clark County, Nevada; 1998 to 2003
- Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Conference Judge; 1997 to 2007
- Small Claims Court Referee; 1992 to 1998
- Juvenile Court Hearing Master Pro-Tem; 1992 to 2004
- Law Firm Partner in Private Practice; 1979 to 1998
- Adriana Escobar
Comments about the finalists
Nevada Supreme Court Chief Justice Michael Douglas made a statement saying, "A number of outstanding attorneys applied for this vacancy and I can say with confidence that whoever Governor Brian Sandoval appoints will be a very competent district judge." 
- ↑ Las Vegas Sun "Carolyn Ellsworth named to replace Judge Jackie Glass," September 22, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Fox 5 Vegas "Finalists named for District Court vacancy" Aug 31, 2011
- ↑ Las Vegas Review Journal "Meet the Candidates"
- ↑ Facebook "Campaign info page"
- ↑ Lawyers.com "Carolyn Ellsworth Profile"
- ↑ nevadajudiciary.us "Adriana Escobar Public Information"
|This article was written by Kevin Kelly, an Assistant Staff Writer for the State Courts Project on Judgepedia. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.|