G. Philip Arnold
|G. Philip Arnold|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Jackson County Circuit Court, Oregon|
|Alternative court:||1st Judicial District|
Arnold was re-elected in 2010 after running unopposed. He received 98.72% of the vote. 
- Main article: Oregon judicial elections, 2010
In April of 2008, "G. Philip Arnold issued an opinion that the sheriff had to hand over the list because concealed handgun licenses are public record and state law favors disclosure of public information. He also pointed out that the license application at the time made it clear to applicants that it contained public information."  Previous to this ruling, Judge Arnold ruled in November of 2007 that school teacher Shirley Katz could be prohibited from carrying a handgun to work.
Judge Arnold was admitted to the Oregon Bar in 1981. 
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, Judge of the Circuit Court, Official Election Results
- ↑ Sheriff appeals ruling on handgun license records Mail Tribune, June 6, 2008
- ↑ Judge says Medford teacher can't bring gun to school Oregon Live, November 9, 2007
- ↑ Judge Profile: G. Philip Arnold on Martindale.com