Garrett L. Wong
|Garrett L. Wong|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of San Francisco, California|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger|
|Preceded by:||Alex Saldamando|
|Past post:||Senior counsel, SBC Communications|
|Past post 2:||Supervising attorney, Georgetown University's Juvenile Justice Clinic|
|Past term 2:||1999-2001|
|Undergraduate:||University of California, Berkeley|
|Law School:||University of Pennsylvania|
|Candidate for:||San Francisco County Superior Court|
|Position:||Not on ballot|
|Election information 2014:|
Garrett L. Wong is a judge for the Superior Court of San Francisco in California. He was appointed by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in September 2005 to succeed Alex Saldamando. Wong was re-elected in 2008. He will be re-elected in 2014 for a term that expires in January of 2021.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2014
| Wong is running for re-election to the San Francisco County Superior Court.
As an unopposed incumbent, he will be automatically re-elected without appearing on the ballot.
Wong received a bachelor's degree from the University of California, Berkeley, a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania and a LL.M. from the Georgetown University Law Center where he was an E. Barrett Prettyman Jr. Fellow in Trial Advocacy.
- 2005-2021: Judge, Superior Court of California for San Francisco County
- 2001-2005: Senior counsel, SBC Communications
- 1987-2001: Attorney in private practice
- 1984-1987: Deputy public defender, San Francisco Public Defender's Office
- 1980-1982: Supervising attorney, Georgetown University's Juvenile Justice Clinic
- California Courts, "Trial Courts Roster"
- City and County of San Francisco Department of Elections: Local Elected Officials
- San Francisco Gate, "Governor appoints diverse group of judges," September 10, 2005
- San Francisco Department of Elections, "Judicial candidates list for the June 3, 2014 primary," accessed March 25, 2014
- Judicial selection in California
- Information submitted to Judgepedia via email on April 4, 2014