George B. Turner
|George B. Turner|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eighteenth Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jeb Bush|
|Active:||2005 - 1/5/2015|
|Past post:||Judge, Brevard County Court|
|Past term:||2002 - 2005|
|Undergraduate:||Rollins College, 1977|
|Law School:||Nova University College of Law, 1984|
|Grad. School:||Rollins College, 1980|
|Military service:||U.S. Army, 1969-1972|
|Candidate for:||Eighteenth Circuit Court|
|Position:||Not on ballot|
|Election information 2014:|
George B. Turner is a Brevard County judge of the 18th Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. He was appointed by former Governor Jeb Bush in late 2005. In 2008, he was re-elected to a term that ends on January 5, 2015. He is running unopposed for re-election in 2014.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2014
| Turner is running for re-election to the Eighteenth Circuit Court.
As an unopposed candidate, he will be automatically re-elected without appearing on the ballot.
Turner began his legal career in 1985 as an assistant state attorney. He left that position the following year and became a lawyer in private practice. He joined the Brevard County Court in 2002 and was elevated to the 18th Judicial Circuit Court in 2005.
- 18th Judicial Circuit Courts, "George B. Turner Biography," accessed June 30, 2014
- Judicial Nominating Commission, 18th Judicial Circuit, "Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission Seeks Applicants...," February 1, 2006
- Florida Division of Elections, "George B. Turner," 2008
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida Secretary of State, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed May 5, 2014