George B. Turner
|George B. Turner|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eighteenth Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jeb Bush|
|Active:||2005 - 1/5/2015|
|Past post:||Judge, Brevard County Court|
|Past term:||2002 - 2005|
|Undergraduate:||Rollins College, 1977|
|Law School:||Nova University College of Law, 1984|
|Grad. School:||Rollins College, 1980|
|Military service:||U.S. Army, 1969-1972|
|Candidate for:||Eighteenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
George B. Turner is a Brevard County judge of the 18th Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. He was appointed by former Governor Jeb Bush in late 2005. In 2008, he was re-elected to a term that ends on January 5, 2015. He is running unopposed for re-election in 2014.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2014
| Turner is running for re-election to the Eighteenth Circuit Court.
As an unopposed candidate, he will be automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Turner began his legal career in 1985 as an assistant state attorney. He left that position the following year and became a lawyer in private practice. He joined the Brevard County Court in 2002 and was elevated to the 18th Judicial Circuit Court in 2005.
- 18th Judicial Circuit Courts, "George B. Turner Biography," accessed June 30, 2014
- Judicial Nominating Commission, 18th Judicial Circuit, "Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission Seeks Applicants...," February 1, 2006
- Florida Division of Elections, "George B. Turner," 2008
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida Secretary of State, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed May 5, 2014