George C. Eskin
|George C. Eskin|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of Santa Barbara County, California|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Gray Davis|
|Succeeded by:||Michael Carrozzo|
|Past post:||Attorney in private practice|
|Law School:||UCLA School of Law, 1965|
|Candidate for:||Santa Barbara County Superior Court|
George C. Eskin was a judge for the Superior Court of Santa Barbara County in California. He was appointed by former Governor Gray Davis on August 26, 2003 and retired from the court on October 1, 2013.
Eskin received his undergraduate degree from the College of Fine Arts, Department of Theater Arts at the University of California, Los Angeles in 1960 and his J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law in 1965.
- 2003-2013: Judge, Superior Court of Santa Barbara County
- 1981-2003: Attorney in private practice
- 1976-1981: Chief Assistant City Attorney in Los Angeles
- 1975-1976: Assistant District Attorney, Santa Barbara County
- 1971-1975: Attorney in private practice
- 1966-1971: Deputy District Attorney, Ventura County 
Eskin ran for re-election to the Superior Court of Santa Barbara County in 2012. As an unopposed incumbent, his name did not appear on the ballot. After the primary election, Eskin was automatically re-elected.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2012
- The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Barbara, "Judge George C. Eskin Biography"
- The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Barbara, "Superior Court of Santa Barbara County"
- California Courts, The Judicial Branch of California, "Judges Roster"
- California Courts, "Trial Courts Roster"
- Noozhawk, "Eager for a New Phase in Life, Superior Court Judge George Eskin Steps Down from Bench," September 22, 2013
- The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Barbara: Judge George C. Eskin Biography
- Santa Barbara Registrar of Voters, Candidate Filing List