Gill S. Freeman
|Gill S. Freeman|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eleventh Circuit Court|
|Active:||1997 - 1/2/2017|
|Past position:||Attorney, Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster & Russell|
|Past term:||1981 - 1997|
|Born:||June 24, 1949|
|Home State:||New York, NY|
|Undergraduate:||Temple University, 1970|
|Law School:||University of Miami School of Law, 1977|
|Grad. School:||niversity of Miami, 1973|
Biography and Education
Freeman was born in New York, NY on June 24, 1949. She received her B.S. degree from Temple University in 1970, her M.Ed. (in Guidance and Counseling) from the University of Miami in 1973. From 1970 to 1976, she worked as a teacher for the Dade County Public School System. She then received her J.D. degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 1977.
Freeman began her career in 1977 at the law firm of Walton, Lantaff, Schroeder & Carson in Miami. In 1981, she joined the firm of Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster & Russell, where she worked until her judicial appointment in 1997. As a lawyer, Freeman specialized in commercial and family litigation.
- Main article: Florida judicial elections, 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Judge Gill S. Freeman
- ↑ Florida Candidate Listing for 2010 General Election Select top "View List" button and scroll to "Circuit Judge" section
- ↑ Miami-Dade County Judicial Directory
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Biographies of State and County Court Judges in Florida Scroll to p.52
- ↑ National Business Institute: Civil Court Judicial Forum: Advanced Discovery and Trial Practice - Authors
- ↑ Miami Herald, "14 incumbent judges, one newcomer elected automatically," May 4, 2010
- ↑ Florida Division of Elections: 2010 Candidate Listing