Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Hawaii|
|Appointed by:||Bill Clinton|
|Active:||10/11/1994 - 6/30/2009|
|Chief:||2005 - 2009|
|Senior:||6/30/2009 - Present|
|Preceded by:||104 Stat. 5089|
|Succeeded by:||Leslie Kobayashi|
|Undergraduate:||Queens College, City University of New York, 1965|
|Law School:||Boston University School of Law, 1968|
Helen Gillmor is an Article III federal judge for the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii. She joined the court in 1994 after being nominated by President Bill Clinton. Gillmor assumed senior status on June 30, 2009.
Gillmor graduated from Queens College at the City University of New York with her bachelor's degree in 1965 and later graduated from the Boston University School of Law with her law degree in 1968.
- 1985-1994: Attorney in private practice, State of Hawaii
- 1983-1985: Judge, O`ahu First Circuit District Court
- 1977-1983: Judge, O`ahu First Circuit Family Court
- 1974-1977: Attorney in private practice, State of Hawaii
- 1975: Part-time lecturer, University of Hawaii
- 1972-1974: Deputy public defender, Hawaii Public Defender's Office
- 1972: Law clerk, Chief Justice of the Hawaii Supreme Court, William Richardson
- 1971-1972: Attorney in private practice, State of Hawaii
- 1970: Attorney in private practice, State of Maine
- 1969: Attorney in private practice, State of Texas
- 1969-1970: Lecturer, International Legal Center, U.S. Agency for International Development
- 1968-1969: Attorney in private practice, State of Massachusetts
District of Hawaii
Gillmor was nominated by President Bill Clinton on August 25, 1994, to a new seat created by 104 Stat. 5089. Gillmor was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on October 7, 1994, and received commission on October 11, 1994. Gillmor served as the chief judge of the District of Hawaii from 2005 to 2009. She then assumed senior status on June 30, 2009. Gillmor was succeeded in this position by Judge Leslie Kobayashi.
|Federal judicial offices|
|District of Hawaii
|Magistrate judges||Richard Puglisi • Kevin Chang • Barry Kurren •|
|Former Article III judges|
|Former Chief judges|