|If you do not yet have an account you will need to set up one by clicking the “login/create account” in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- In the screen that pops up, fill in the security box and other information keeping in mind the instructions in the previous "Choose a registration name" tutorial.
- -Enter your chosen user name.
- -Choose carefully, because you will not be able to change it.
- Enter your password. Remember to use both letters and numbers for a higher level of security.
- -E-mail address is optional, but allows a new password to be e-mailed to you if you forget your password. You can also choose to let others contact you through your user or talk page without needing to reveal your identity.
- -Real name is optional, but if you choose to provide it, this will be used for giving you attribution for your work.
- -Remember to check the box on the sign-in screen that says “Remember my login on this computer” or the system will sign you out when a certain amount of time has elapsed after your last edit. (This can cause you to lose text you were working on.)
- Click the box that says “Create Account.”
- The first page you see, when your account is created, is your “Discussion” page, welcoming you to the wiki. This page is eventually used for you to communicate with other users.
- Notice the tab at the top with red letters “user page.” Click on that tab and then go to the "Edit your user page" tutorial.