James Buchanan Holland
James Buchanan Holland (1857-1914) was a federal judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
He was nominated by President Theodore Roosevelt on April 14, 1904 to a new seat created by 33 Stat. 155. He was confirmed by the Senate on April 19, 1904, and received commission that same day. He served until his death on April 24, 1914.
- Read law, 1887
- Clerk of county commissioners, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, 1882-1887
- Private practice, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, 1887-1904
- Solicitor, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, 1887-1893
- District attorney, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, 1893-1896
- U.S. Navy, 1898-1900
- U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1900-1904
- Biography from the Federal Judicial Center.
- Brief biography by Thomas William Herringshaw on the Montgomery County Pennsylvania Genealogy website.