|James L. Conlogue|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Cochise County Superior Court, Arizona|
|Appointed by:||Janet Napolitano|
|Bachelors:||Arizona State University, 1978|
|Law School:||University of Arizona Law School|
|Grad. School:||University of Arizona|
|Candidate for:||Cochise County Superior Court|
|Election information 2012:|
James L. Conlogue is the presiding judge for the Cochise County Superior Court in Arizona. On May 15, 2012, it was announced that the Arizona Supreme Court had appointed Judge Conlogue to be the new Presiding Judge in Cochise County, effective January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2015. He took the place of Judge Wallace R. Hoggatt, whose term as presiding judge expired December 31, 2012.
Between earning his undergraduate degree and attending graduate school, Judge Conlogue worked for the Arizona Department of Corrections in Tucson. Following his graduation from law school, he served as an attorney for the U.S. Department of the Navy (civilian) in Washington, D.C., for two years. In 1988, Judge Conlogue returned to Arizona, working in the Cochise County Public Defender's Office. He has also served as the City Attorney for Bisbee, the City Attorney for Douglas, and Assistant City Attorney for Sierra Vista.
Judge Conlogue served as a Superior Court Judge Pro Tempore in Cochise County from his appointment in 1994 until 2007, when then-Governor Janet Napolitano appointed him a Superior Court Judge. He will take over as Presiding Judge of the Cochise County Superior Court on January 1, 2013.
- Cochise County website
- Arizona Judicial Branch website
- Arizona Supreme Court, Press Release: "New Presiding Judge Appointed in Cochise County," May 15, 2012
- ↑ Cochise County Superior Court
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Arizona Supreme Court News Release, "New Presiding Judge Appointed in Cochise County," May 15, 2012
- ↑ Cochise County Elections, Primary Election Candidates
- ↑ Benson News, "Uncontested judges and county attorney elected," November 7, 2012
- ↑ Cochise County Unofficial 2012 Election Results