James Edmund Boyd
James Edmund Boyd (1845-1935) was a federal judge on the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
He received a recess appointment from President William McKinley on July 11, 1900 and was nominated on December 15th. He was confirmed by the Senate on January 9, 1901, and received commission that same day. He served until his death on August 21, 1935.
- Davidson College
- Read law, 1868
- Confederate Army Private, 13th North Carolina Infantry and First North Carolina Cavalry
- Private practice, North Carolina, 1868-1880
- Member, North Carolina Legislature, 1874-1875
- Delegate, North Carolina State Constitutional Convention, 1875
- U.S. Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina, 1880-1885
- Private practice, North Carolina, 1885-1897
- Assistant U.S. attorney general, 1897-1900
|Magistrate judges||David Kessler • Dennis Howell • David Cayer •|
|Former Article III judges||
Robert Paine Dick • James Edmund Boyd • Hamilton Glover Ewart • Lacy Thornburg • Edwin Yates Webb • James Craven • David Henderson • Woodrow Jones • Harold Brent McKnight • James McMillan • Wilson Warlick • Robert Potter •
|Former Chief judges|