James G. Riley
|James G. Riley|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois Cook Judicial Circuit Court Subcircuits|
|Past position:||Attorney, Riley, Riley & Riley|
|Law School:||John Marshall Law School|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court|
|Confirmation:||Vacancy of Thomas Fitzgerald|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 20, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Candidate for:||Cook County 4th Subcircuit|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2014
|Riley is running for retention to the Cook County 4th Subcircuit. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.|
The Illinois State Bar Association rated James G. Riley as Recommended for retention in 2014.
Riley practiced at the family-owned firm of Riley, Riley & Riley in Hickory Hills, Ill. prior to his judicial election in 1996.
Riley ran unsuccessfully for election to the Illinois Supreme Court in 2012. He sought the seat vacated by Thomas R. Fitzgerald, but was defeated by Justice Mary Jane Theis after receiving 25.3% of the vote.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2012
- News: Four candidates have declared for next year's Illinois Supreme Court election, June 7, 2011
- Illinois Cook Judicial Circuit Court Subcircuits
- Illinois Courts, "Judges of the Cook Judicial Circuit," accessed May 20, 2014
- James Gerard Riley campaign website
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Judicial Candidates Seeking to Fill Judicial Vacancies," 2012 Scroll to p.1
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "List of judges seeking retention in the November 4, 2014 general election," accessed May 8, 2014
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Judicial Evaluations," October 2014
- Martindale, "Judge Profile:James G. Riley"
- Illinois Board of Elections, "Official Vote," November 6, 2012 Scroll to p.119
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for Supreme Court seat", 2012