James G. Riley
|James G. Riley|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois Cook Judicial Circuit Court Subcircuits|
|Past position:||Attorney, Riley, Riley & Riley|
|Law School:||John Marshall Law School|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court|
|Confirmation:||Vacancy of Thomas Fitzgerald|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 20, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Riley practiced at the family-owned firm of Riley, Riley & Riley in Hickory Hills, Ill. prior to his judicial election in 1996.
Riley ran unsuccessfully for election to the Illinois Supreme Court in 2012. He sought the seat vacated by Thomas R. Fitzgerald, but was defeated by Justice Mary Jane Theis after receiving 25.3% of the vote.
- See also: Illinois judicial elections, 2012
- News: Four candidates have declared for next year's Illinois Supreme Court election, June 7, 2011
- Illinois Cook Judicial Circuit Court Subcircuits
- ↑ Judges of the Cook Judicial Circuit
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 James Gerard Riley campaign website
- ↑ Illinois State Bar Association: Judicial Candidates Seeking to Fill Judicial Vacancies 2012 Scroll to p.1
- ↑ Martindale: Judge Profile:James G. Riley
- ↑ Illinois Board of Elections: November 6, 2012 Official Vote Scroll to p.119
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections: Candidate List for Supreme Court seat, 2012