James R. Mitchell
|James R. Mitchell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|30th Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Preceded by:||Lester P. Kees|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Louisiana State University|
|Law School:||Louisiana State University|
|Candidate for:||30th District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
James R. Mitchell is a judge of the 30th Judicial District, Division C in Louisiana. He was elected to this position on October 4, 2008, to replace former Judge Lester P. Kees. He was re-elected in 2014 for a term beginning on January 1, 2015, and expiring on December 31, 2020.
- See also: Louisiana judicial elections, 2014
| Mitchell ran for re-election to the 30th Judicial District.
As an unopposed candidate, he was automatically elected without appearing on the ballot.
Prior to his election, Mitchell ran a private practice in Leesville, Louisiana, that he founded in 1974.
- Louisiana Bar Journal, "Judicial Notes," February/March 2009 (Scroll to p.384-5) (dead link)
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official Election Results," October 4, 2008
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Elected Officials," accessed December 9, 2014 (Scroll down to "District Judge…")
- Judgepedia.org, “Judicial selection in Louisiana,” accessed December 8, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "November 4, 2014 General Election Candidates," accessed August 25, 2014
- Leesville Daily Leader, "Mitchell aims for District Judge seat," July 10, 2008