|Current Court Information:|
|Texas First District Court of Appeals|
|Bachelors:||University of Texas at Austin|
|Law School:||University of Texas School of Law|
|Candidate for:||1st District Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||May 29, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Jane Bland is a judge on the Texas First District Court of Appeals. She was appointed to this position in 2003, was elected in 2004 and re-elected in 2006 and 2012 for a term expiring on December 31, 2018.
Judge Bland received her bachelor's degree from the University of Texas at Austin, where she majored in accounting and honors business. She received her law degree from the University of Texas. 
Judge Bland began her legal career as a clerk for Judge Thomas Gibbs Gee of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She then practiced law at Baker Botts, L.L.P., where she specialied in civil trials and appellate work.
In 1997 then Governor George W. Bush appointed Judge Bland to a civil trial judgeship, a position she held for five years after being elected in 1998 and re-elected in 2002. In 2003 Governor Rick Perry appointed Judge Bland to the First District Court of Appeals.
In 2006 Judge Bland wrote 76 signed opinions, 47 per curiam opinions, and no dissenting or concurring opinions. Judge Bland took the place of a recused member of the Texas Supreme Court and wrote the Court's opinion in Hyundai v. Vasquez.
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2012
Memberships and Awards
- Texas Supreme Court's Rules Advisory Committee
- State Bar of Texas's Committee on Pattern Jury Charges (Business, Consumer, Insurance & Employment)
- 2010 William H. Rehnquist Award for Judicial Excellence, National Center for State Courts 
- 2003 Trial Judge of the Year by the Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
- President's Award, Houston Bar Association (for her work on the administration of justice committee)
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State: Judges' terms
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Official biography of Judge Bland
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Judge Bland 2009 opinions
- ↑ Texas Republican Party, 2012 Candidate Filing
- ↑ Texas Secretary of State: 2012 General Election Summary Select "2012 General Election"
- ↑ National Center for State Courts, "Texas Justice Bland to receive 2010 Rehnquist Award for Judicial Excellence," September 2, 2010