Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||9/13/2010 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Martha Daughtrey|
|Undergraduate:||Vanderbuilt U. '75|
|Law School:||Vanderbuilt U. Law '78|
Jane Branstetter Stranch is a judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. She was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on September 13, 2010.
Early life and education
As an attorney, Stranch practiced labor and employment law and specialized in Employee Retirement Income Security Act litigation. Prior to joining the court, she was a member of the law firm Branstetter, Stranch & Jennings, PLLC, located in Nashville.
|Progress:||Confirmed 403 days after nomination.|
|Nominated:||August 6, 2009|
|ABA Rating:||Substantial Majority Qualified, Minority Well Qualified|
|Hearing:||October 21, 2009|
|Reported:||November 19, 2009|
|Confirmed:||September 13, 2010|
Judiciary Committee hearing
Stranch's hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee was uneventful, with only two of the committee members (Amy Klobuchar and Jeff Sessions) present to question her. The Committee voted 15-4 to forward her nomination to the full Senate.
Stranch said: "I am very honored to be chosen. I bring a great deal of litigation experience in a number of different courts. I think that experience would be helpful."
- FindLaw "Why Jane Branstetter Stranch Should Be Quickly Confirmed to a Seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit," May 28, 2010
- The Tennessean, "Nashville attorney wins confirmation to federal appeals court," September 14, 2010
- "President Obama Nominates Jane Stranch for United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit...," The White House Office of the Press Secretary, Aug. 7, 2009
- Biography of Jane Stranch from the website of Branstetter, Stranch & Jennings, PLLC
- The Tennessean "Nashville attorney breezes through confirmation hearing for judgeship," October 21, 2009
- The Tennessean "Committee endorses Nashville attorney for judgeship," November 19, 2009
- The Tennessean "Nashville lawyer nominated for U.S. judgeship" August 8, 2009
|Federal judicial offices|
|Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
|Vacancy Count by Congress|
|Vacancy Count by Year||Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2009 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2010 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2011 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2012|
This page is missing notable case information.