Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||10/11/2011 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Mary Ann Lemmon|
|Past post:||23rd Judicial District, Louisiana|
|Past term:||2008 - 2011|
|Undergraduate:||Nicholls State U., B.A., 1977|
|Law School:||Louisiana State U. Law, J.D., 1992|
Jane Triche-Milazzo is a federal judge for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. She was nominated by President Barack Obama in March 2011. Previously, she was a judge of the 23rd District Court, Division D in Louisiana.
Early life and education
Eastern District of Louisiana
|Court:||Eastern District of Louisiana|
|Progress:||Confirmed 209 days after nomination.|
|ABA Rating:||Unanimously Qualified|
On March 16, 2011, President Barack Obama nominated Judge Triche-Milazzo to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana to fill the vacancy left by Mary Ann Lemmon. Obama commented on the nomination, stating, "These women have had distinguished legal careers and I am honored to ask them to continue their work as judges on the federal bench. They will serve the American people with integrity and an unwavering commitment to justice."
Triche-Milazzo was rated Unanimously Qualified by the American Bar Association. She had a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on June 8, 2011 and you can find her Committee Questionnaire available here and her Questions for the Record available here.
Awards and associations
- Member, Board of Trustees, LSU Law School School
- Member, National Association of Women Judges
- Member, Louisiana District Court Judges Association
- Former President, Assumption Parish Bar Association
- Former President, Twenty-third Judicial District Bar Association
- Former member, House of Delegates, Louisiana State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- News: Jane Triche-Milazzo confirmed by Senate for Louisiana judgeship, November 8, 2011
- WWLTV, "Obama nominates La. judge for federal court in New Orleans" 3/16/2011
- Louisiana Bar Journal, "Judicial Notes," February/March 2009 (Scroll to p.384)
- Judge Triche-Milazzo's Biography from Federal Judicial Center.
- 23rd Judicial District Court of Louisiana, Jane Triche-Milazzo - District Judge - Division "D"
- Judge Triche-Milazzo's Biography from Federal Judicial Center
- White House Press Release "President Obama Nominates Two to the United States District Court," March 16, 2011
- 112th Congress Nomination Materials
- NOLA.com: The Times-Picayune, "Senate Judiciary Committee approves Higginson and Triche-Milazzo judicial nominations," July 14, 2011
- NOLA.com: The Times-Picayune, "Jane Triche-Milazzo secures Senate's confirmation for federal judgeship," October 11, 2011
- Report on the Activities of the Senate Judiciary Committee, 112th Congress
- United States Periodic Press Gallery
|Federal judicial offices|
Mary Ann Lemmon
|Eastern District of Louisiana
|Vacancy Count by Congress|
|Vacancy Count by Year||Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2009 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2010 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2011 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2012|