|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Brad Henry|
|Past post:||District 14 Judge|
|Undergraduate:||Cornell University, 1969|
|Law School:||University at Tulsa College of Law, 1973|
|Grad. School:||University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 1971|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
Jane P. Wiseman is a judge on the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals in Oklahoma. Governor Henry appointed her to this position in March of 2005 and she was retained by voters on November 7, 2006. She ran for retention again in 2014.
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2014
|Wiseman was retained to the Court of Civil Appeals with 60.9% of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
Judge Wiseman received her B.A. degree from Cornell University in 1969, her M.A. degree in American History from the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill in 1971 and her J.D. degree from the University of Tulsa College of Law 1973.
Judge Wiseman began her legal career during law school as a clerk for the firm Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold. She later became a legal intern, and then an associate until 1975. She then worked as a sole practitioner until January of 1977. She was appointed a special judge of Tulsa County that month and she worked in this position until 1981, when she became a district judge in District 14 (Tulsa County). On this court, she worked in the Family Relations Division and then the Civil Division. She judged on this court until she was appointed to the Court of Appeals.
- Official biography of Judge Wiseman from the Ohio Bar Association
- 2006 Court of Civil Appeals election results
- Oklahoma Elections, "Candidate List, 2014 General Election," accessed October 17, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results: Federal, State Legislative and Judicial Races General Election - November 4, 2014," November 12, 2014
|Former||Tom Colbert • John Reif • Charles Chapel • Glenn Adams • Carol Hansen • Doug Gabbard •|