Janet C. Thorpe
|Janet C. Thorpe|
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Ninth Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Jeb Bush|
|Active:||2000 - 2015|
|Past post:||In-house counsel, Trust Company of Georgia/Sun Trust Bank|
|Undergraduate:||Union College, 1975|
|Law School:||Emory University School of Law, 1978|
|Candidate for:||Ninth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2014
| Thorpe is running for re-election to the Ninth Circuit Court.
Primary: She will face Bradford D. Fisher in the primary on August 26, 2014.
Thorpe began her career in 1978 as a regional attorney in the federal Comptroller of the Currency office in Atlanta, GA. She worked there until 1980. She then became in-house counsel for the Trust Company of Georgia. Due to a merger, the trust became Sun Trust Bank in 1986, but Thorpe continued to work there until she joined the Circuit Court on Jan. 1, 2000.
Since joining the circuit court, she has served in the Orange County Juvenile Dependency, Civil, Domestic and Criminal divisions. She was also an Administrative Appellate Judge from 2008 to 2011.
- Post-Gazette, "Janet Thorpe / Judge who lifted veil of Fla. driver," June 9, 2003
- Orange County Supervisor of Elections: "Elected Officials," accessed June 2, 2014.
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida Secretary of State, “Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election,” accessed May 5, 2014
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida: "Judge Janet C. Thorpe," accessed June 3, 2014.