Jeannette Theriot Knoll
|Jeannette Theriot Knoll|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Louisiana Supreme Court|
|Past position:||Louisiana Third Circuit Court of Appeal|
|Law School:||Loyola University School of Law, 1969|
Justice Jeannette Theriot Knoll is a justice on the Louisiana Supreme Court. She first took office in 1997 after winning a 1996 election, and was subsequently re-elected in 2006 to a new term that expires in 2016.
Jeannette Theriot Knoll is married to District Attorney Jerold Edward "Eddie" Knoll.
Knoll received a B.A., in Political Science, from Loyola University and in 1969, her J.D. from Loyola University School of Law. She earned a LL.M. in the judicial process from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1996.
- 1997-present Justice, Louisiana Supreme Court
- 1982-1997 Judge, Louisiana Third Circuit Court of Appeal
- 1972-1982 First Assistant District Attorney, 12th District
- Criminal Defense Attorney For Indigents, Avoyelles Parish
- Instructor, Louisiana Judicial College
Awards and Associations
- 1995 and 2002 Outstanding Judicial Award, Victims and Citizens Against Crime, Inc.
- 2000 Inducted into Louisiana Political Hall of Fame
- 2000 Outstanding Jurist of the Year, Louisiana Crimefighters
- Past president, Business and Professional Women's Club
- Director, Arts and Humanities Council of Avoyelles, Inc.
- Former chair, March of Dimes
- News: Louisiana insurer must pay $93M, Supreme Court rules, December 28, 2011
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- nola.com, "Miranda rights were applied too broadly in rape case, Louisiana Supreme Court rules", March 17, 2010
|Former||James Dennis • John Fournet • Pascal Calogero • Chet Traylor • Edward Douglass White • Catherine D. Kimball • Revius Ortique, Jr. • Albert Tate, Jr. • Peter Beer •|