Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Butler County Court of Common Pleas, Ohio|
|Appointed by:||Gov. John Kasich|
|Past post:||Chief, Child Assault Division, Butler County Prosecutor’s Office|
|Undergraduate:||University of Cincinnati|
|Law School:||University of Cincinnati|
|Candidate for:||Butler County Court of Common Pleas|
|Position:||Term commencing 1/1/2015|
|Election information 2014:|
Jennifer Muench-McElfresh is a judge on the Butler County Court of Common Pleas in Hamilton, Ohio. She was appointed to the court by Governor John Kasich on October 8, 2013 and assumed office on October 21, 2013. Muench-McElfresh fills the vacancy created by the resignation of Judge Andrew Nastoff. She will serve out the remainder of his term which expires on December 31, 2014. Muench-McElfresh will then need to run for election in November 2014 to retain the seat for a full six-year term commencing on January 1, 2015. Muench-McElfresh is running for re-election to the Butler County Court of Common Pleas in 2014.
- See also: Ohio judicial elections, 2014
| Muench-McElfresh is running for re-election to the Butler County Court of Common Pleas.
General: She will be unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
From 2011 until her appointment to the court, Muench-McElfresh served as the chief of the Child Assault Division for the Butler County Prosecutor’s Office. Prior to her work with the Child Assault Division, she served as a prosecutor for the Butler County Prosecutor’s Office for fourteen years.
- Office of John R. Kasich, Governor of the State of Ohio, "Kasich Announces Appointment to the Butler County Court of Common Pleas," October 8, 2013
- Butler County Board of Elections, "List of Certified Candidates May 6, 2014 Primary Election," accessed February 24, 2014
- Journal-News.com, "Muench-McElfresh takes on ‘worst of worst’," July 12, 2009
- Oxford Press.com, "Fairfield resident named county’s newest judge," October 9, 2013