Jerry A. Wiese
|Jerry A. Wiese|
|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada Eighth Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Brigham Young University, 1991|
|Law School:||University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1994|
|Candidate for:||Eighth District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Nevada judicial elections, 2014
| Wiese ran for re-election to the Eighth Judicial District Court.
General: He defeated Jeffrey S. Rugg in the general election on November 4, 2014, receiving 72.4% of the vote.
- Main article: Nevada judicial elections, 2010
2013 judicial performance evaluation
In 2013, the Las Vegas Review-Journal sponsored a survey of 902 lawyers who rated Nevada Supreme Court justices and judges located in Clark County. 80% of respondents voted in favor of keeping Wiese on the bench. The average vote in favor of retention for all 88 judges evaluated was 71%.
Wiese graduated from Rancho High School and earned his undergraduate degree in political science from Brigham Young University in 1991. He received his J.D. from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1994.
Prior to his election to the bench, Wiese practiced law in the private sector from 1994 until 2010.
- Wiese Campaign Website
- Facebook, "Re-Elect Jerry Wiese for District Court Judge Dept. 30"
- Las Vegas Review-Journal: "District Court Judge Department 30," October 17, 2010
- Clark County Courts, "Jerry Wiese biography," accessed September 22, 2014
- Judicial selection in Nevada
- Clark County Nevada, "Election: Candidate Filing in Clark County," accessed February 13, 2014 Select "Election Year: 2014"
- Silver State Election Night Results 2014, “Judicial Results,” accessed November 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Statewide race results - General Election," 2010
- Clark County, "Unofficial Primary Election Results," 2010
- Las Vegas Review Journal, "2013 Judicial Performance Evaluation," accessed September 22, 2014