Jesse G. Reyes
|Jesse G. Reyes|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Illinois First District Appellate Court|
|Preceded by:||Sheila O'Brien|
|Past position:||Judge, Cook Judicial Circuit Court|
|Bachelors:||University of Illinois at Chicago|
|Law School:||John Marshall Law School|
|Candidate for:||First District Appellate Court|
|Confirmation:||Vacancy of Sheila O'Brien|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 20, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Before being elected in 2012 to the First District Appellate Court, Reyes served as a judge of the Illinois Cook Judicial Circuit Court. His career before the bench includes positions in the Law Department of the Chicago Board of Education and as a Senior Supervising Attorney for the Corporation Counsel’s Office, representing the City of Chicago.
Reyes was elected to the First District Appellate Court on Nov. 6, 2012. He won the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012, receiving 33% of the vote, and was unopposed in the general election. He will replace retired Judge Sheila O'Brien.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Illinois State Bar Association: Results from Tuesday's Cook County judicial elections; Theis holds Supreme Court seat
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Illinois Judges Association, Jesse G. Reyes Profile
- ↑ Illinois Board of Elections: November 6, 2012 Official Vote Scroll to p.121
- ↑ Illinois Judges.net: Vacancy of Sheila O'Brien, Candidates For Appellate Justice - First District
- ↑ Illinois Judges.net, Election Results for the March 20th Illinois Judicial Primary