Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Eighteenth Circuit Court|
|Active:||1/2011 - 1/2/2017|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Florida State University, 1994|
|Law School:||Stetson University College of Law, 1997|
- Main article: Florida judicial elections, 2010
In 2012, Judge Recksiedler was assigned to the Trayvon Martin shooting case, which made headlines across the nation. After the defense attorney for George Zimmerman (the accused) raised conflict on interest, the judge recused herself from the case. Judge Debra Steinberg Nelson ended up presiding over the case instead.
To read the press release, visit: Florida Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, Press Release: "Media update: State v. Zimmerman," April 18, 2012.
- Florida Department of State, Division of Elections: November 2, 2010 General Election Results
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida Today, "Jessica J. Recksiedler," August 7, 2010
- Sun Sentinel, "Our endorsements: For circuit judge ...," July 6, 2010
- Florida Department of State, Division of Elections: August 24, 2010 Primary Election Results
- Florida Division of Elections: Jessica Recksiedler, 2010
- Palm Beach Post, "New judge will preside over Trayvon Martin case," April 19, 2012